DAY 371: Kahf 32-44
Give them an example. There were two men; We gave one of them two gardens of grapes, and surrounded both of them with date-palms, and placed vegetation between them. Both the gardens brought forth their fruit, and suppressed nothing from it, and We caused a stream to flow through them. And he had wealth. So, he said to his companion while conversing with him, “I am greater than you in wealth and stronger in manpower.” And he entered his garden while he was doing wrong to himself. He said, “I do not think that this will ever perish, and I do not think that the Hour (Day of Judgment) has to come. And even if I am sent back to my Lord, I will surely find a better place than this to resort to.”
Said his companion, as he was conversing with him, “Do you deny Him who created you from dust, then from a drop (of sperm), then He made you a perfect man? As for me, I believe that Allah is my Lord, and I do not associate anyone with my Lord. Why, when you entered your garden, did you not say, ‘(Everything is) as Allah wills. There is no power except with Allah’? If you see me inferior to you in wealth and children, then, it is likely that my Lord will give me (what is) better than your garden, and will send to it a punishment from the heavens, and it will become a barren land. Or, its water will sink deep in the earth, so that you will never be able to search it out.”
And so all his produce was ˹totally˺ ruined, so he started to wring his hands for all he had spent on it, while it had collapsed on its trellises. He cried, “Alas! I wish I had never associated anyone with my Lord ˹in worship˺!” And he had no manpower to help him against Allah, nor could he ˹even˺ help himself. At this time, support comes ˹only˺ from Allah—the True ˹Lord˺. He is best in reward and best in outcome.
(
The Test of Wealth: This is the direct narrative of the "adornment" test from V.7. The man failed by seeing his wealth as a proof of his superiority and a permanent possession, rather than a temporary trust from Allah.
Contrast with the Youths: The Youths rejected worldly adornment for faith. This man embraced it to the point of denying the Hereafter. Their ends are opposites.
Theology in Practice: The debate is between Tawhid (the companion's creed) and the shirk of self-sufficiency (the man's attitude). The companion's use of "Mā shāʾa Allāh, lā quwwata illā billāh" is the practical shield for a believer against this trial.
Foreshadowing: This story prefigures the story of Qarun (in other chapters) and connects to Dhul-Qarnayn's proper use of power later in this surah.
The parable of the two gardens serves as a stark warning that the greater trial may be prosperity, not poverty, as it breeds the delusion of self-sufficiency and denial of the Hereafter, leading to utter ruin when divine decree strips it away, proving that true security lies solely in humble dependence on Allah, not in worldly wealth or power.
)
14 Ocak 2026 Çarşamba
Kaydol:
Kayıt Yorumları (Atom)
Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder